Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EGGPLANT MIU 101

SO tonight I made something totally and completely new to me. In fact, I MADE IT UP (get it - MIU?)! I'm calling it Eggplant MIU (pronounced MEW) - ain't that sweet.

If you wanta try it, here's what you need:
3 medium eggplant - I cut "stripes" outa the peeling, then cut it in chunks and tossed em in water.

LOTS of garlic - I think there's 5 cloves here - diced.
1 medium onion - chunky dices
1 red capsicum (red bell pepper) cut in chunks

I tossed em into a very hot pan with a couple tablespoons of OLIVE OIL. Cook til it wilts.

Add salt, pepper and a HEAPING tablespoon of this. If you don't have this brand, any type of curry powder will do - we like stuff spicy. Stir well.

Add about 1-2 cups of frozen peas - just toss em in - and 1 package (can to you stateside folks) of crushed tomatoes. Put the lid on and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
THEN toss in the eggplant - add some more salt cause eggplant takes a lot of salt AND oil. Put the lid on and simmer til eggplant is soft - about 20 minutes.

Serve with steamy BROWN rice! This was SOOOOO yummy! We also had a toasted pita with it. YUM!









No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!