Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We're MOVING!

Could I have some traveling music please?

SO yesterday, Marsha and I went to Athens. We took some books (about 30) to the moving company - they're going to box em and add them to the Cairo shipment - which is going to Texas (we think). Then we went shopping at IKEA and had a great time. On the way home, I decided I'm going to go back to Athens next Tuesday and get my passport renewed. It only takes a week in a foreign country (as opposed to nearly 2 months at home) and mine expires in September. We had hoped to do it in Cairo but that isn't looking very good at the moment.

That decision made, I came home and got ready to move. Yup - MOVE! The hotel has a reservation for Carnival (coming up the first weekend in March) for our room - turns out it's a connecting room that sleeps about 10! So they wanted us to move just before - I said why not now? And they took me up on it.

This morning (Wednesday), I went for a walk - as usual. Look at the beauties I found!AND only 1 was pinched from somebody's yard - it was actually hanging over the fence into the street! The rest were WILD! I'm gonna do this every day, I think. se does anybody need for morning devos besides a Bible, a candle, coffee and gorgeous flowers?! Returned to the hotel and finished my devos. It was after lunch when they phoned that the room was ready - and guess what! A smoker had used it the night before! Poor Kseni - she wanted me to have this room so badly - and it reeked. She had both doors open to air it out - and I let the room have a going over with Febreeze - hopefully we can stay because this moving is for the BIRDS!

The room is across the hall and down a bit from where we were. The balcony is about the same length but a few tiles narrower. Those inches are added to the room - so we actually have our suitcases INSIDE now. The closet is the same size somehow -- but the shelves are deeper and longer - don't understand that. But it's NICE!

The best part is the VIEW! The morning sun comes in - the boys will love that - and we have chickens and birds and puppies downstairs. Right now Shakespeare is sleeping on the bed and Dickens is meowing - they're a bit nervous anytime there's a disturbance in the force!!! But the view is hypnotic! Don't get me wrong - you know how I love the sea ... but I don't like looking at it nearly as much as I like being IN it! So looking at the hills is ... AWESOME!


Our God has SUCH a sense of humor! I just want you to look at what was in my devotion book this morning. (It's the Daily Light - recommended by Anne Graham Lotz - Billy's daughter)
"Who is the (wo)man that fears the Lord? Him/her shall He teach in the way He chooses. The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. * Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. * I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; but he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. Ble glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart! O Lord, I know the way of (wo)man is not in him/herself; it is not in (wo)man who walks to direct his/her own steps." (This is a compilation of these scriptures: Ps. 25:12; Matt. 6:22; Ps. 119:105; Isa 30:21; Ps. 32: 8-11; Jeremiah 10:23)
Pretty neat for this time in our walk -- Glen and me, I mean! THEN I opened up my little prayer book by Stormie O'Martian and read this...
Lord, help me to trust that You are a good God no matter what is goin on in my life. Help me to believe without any doubting that even if bad things are happening, YOur goodness will reign in the midst of them all. Thank You that Your plans for me are for good. Thank YOu that the future You have for me is good. Thank You that You bring good things into my life. Reveal Your goodness to me more and more so that I may praise You for it. How great is Your goodness to those who trust and fear You (Ps. 31:19). O Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth (Ps. 8:1).

Glen had a message from his supervisor that some companies are going into Egypt already. Lockheed is supposed to send a team in the end of the month to see if it's safe for the GUYS to go in. If so, Glen could be on his way in a few weeks. I'm still on the books for Texas - but we're waiting to double check if the boys can go with Glen. They're not handling all this moving very well - ya know! I think the devos this morning were amazing! Just gotta trust and trust and ... pack!
Don't stop praying!!!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!