Friday, August 8, 2008

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll bet you thought we were settled, right? HA!

FIRST - we got IN the house on Wednesday right - no electricity! So, first thing Thursday morning, Glen dropped me off. We had breakfast at McDonald's (YUCK) and then came to the house. There's loads of light - and I had water - but no AIR! About 9 o'clock, a young man came from the gas department. Checked out the hot water heater and left.

About 10 o'clock, a young man came from the internet, cable company - but I had to send him away cause we had no ELECTRICITY!~ Glen came home about 1 - with lunch - and he and Shawn left to get the last of the things in the storage. My face was blood red and I think I must have shed 25 pounds in this heat. No breeze to speak of and no power to even run a fan. JUST before they left in the truck, the electricity guy came and hooked us up - it was 97 degrees in the house!

SO, we had another night of dinner at 10 o'clock cause we had to go get screws to put the guest room bed together and buy sheets for it - cause I haven't had time to unpack all the boxes in the garage! It was such a short night - and I hit the floor running this morning to start doing laundry!

We did lots of shopping - you know we had to buy a broom, mop and all kinds of cleaners! Then we picked up our new whizbang TV and hurried home to wait for the hook up people. They came, hooked us up and were ready to leave when I discovered we had no VOLUME on the TV. So a few adjustments, phone calls and a cable later, we discovered our new TV is BROKEN - will have to take it back to Sears tomorrow! We were able to watch some of the Olympics though - even with a rigged up cable.

And THEN we found out that they didn't give us what we ordered on the internet. We have NO wireless and can't even hook up our Vonage phone! So, off to buy more stuff tomorrow. This buying a house is expensive!

I'm exhausted and haven't even BEGUN to fight this fight! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!