WELL, here we are! It's Sunday night and we're STILL not in the new house!
We moved out of the apartment Friday - Glen finished delivering the last load of stuff about midnight. We are now all four (cats and us) living in a small bedroom in our daughter Christina's house. We're getting lots of GiGi and Poppy time with Caleb and we also had some time with Jacob and Alex on Saturday. (Christina and hubby Shawn have a pool in the backyard but neither Glen nor I have been for a swim - just watching.)
The latest is that when we were moving in Friday night - OH DID I MENTION that I had to drive the rent car while Glen drove his car??? I took off my boot (don't tell the doctor), put on an ankle brace and a shoe and took off - I really held that steering wheel tight! Anyway - when we drove by "our" house, a guy was standing outside with a clipboard in his hand. HOPEFULLY this is the insurance inspector.
If so, just as hopefully, we can get the paperwork to Whitney tomorrow and MAYBE close on Tuesday! Whitney will be in the Dallas area till Thursday - his company is opening another mortgage company office in this area - so I'm going to ride up to Tulsa with him then. Chad (Tobey's hubby) will come down maybe Wednesday and stay with Glen to paint while I get in some R&R in Tulsa.
That's what is hoped for - now we'll wait to see the EVIDENCE :-) The good news is that there is now a big fat SOLD sign on top of the "For Sale" sign in "our" front yard!
No comments:
Post a Comment