Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday 29 September

I walked around the block - the BIG block! Hooray for me!

Then I came back and walked on the sidewalk all the way to the fence of our house - Hooray for me!

Then I came back to the neighbors' house and GOT UP ON THE GRASS ALL BY MYSELF! Can't do it in OUR yard - but I sure can in theirs! BIG hooray for me!

THEN, I walked back to the gate (didja know we have one?) to see if a person could see inside the blinds in the bathroom - OH YEAH a person can see right in!

Heard meowing and clawing - a little black and gold calico kitty was scampering up the neighbor's fence. She kept mewing at me so I walked over - she hopped up on their toolshed and came over for a scratch - me on my tippytoes.

THEN, I came inside to get my Bible and stuff to go outside and read. She was meowing so I walked over to the fence. She rolled down to where I could reach her - and fell smack off into the neighbor's yard! The yard with the 2 big dogs (who were thankfully inside). THEN the howling and meowing started BIG TIME!

I sat down and kept calling her and in a few minutes, I heard scratching - she was up and over our fence and in my lap! What a wiggly little cutie pie she is. I named her Esther cause she's a stranger in a foreign land - but I think the girls next door call her October. She cuddles, licks, rolls around and purrs like a machine - and never once stuck her claws out to get me.

I gave her water and then tried to get inside to get her some food - nothing doing. I had to hold her, kick Shakes and Dicksie away (they were on the sofa watching jealously) and then toss her in a chair and run. Had to go completely out the front, around the house and thru the gate to get in the yard - and reverse to get back in the house. She gobbled up a handful of their food in nothing flat - and is now relaxing in one of the lawn chairs!

How about THAT! Okay that's the good news - the bad news is that I came in to adjust the blinds and ... well, let's just say we're gonna need some new ones!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!