It's fall in Texas and leaves are really FALLING! Those of you in parts of the world where there's no color change of the leaves are MISSING IT! Normally green leaves become vivid red, orange, yellow and light brown (depending on the amount of rain received in the summer) before they blow off the trees. It is a big HURRAH from the trees before the winter and my favorite season!
Okay- I've had a few complaints cause there's nothing on the blog about the family reunion. So I will digress a bit! We drove down to the Houston area (Richmond actually) for the first family reunion I've been able to attend in nearly ten years! We stayed with my sweet cousin Nan and enjoyed a huge dinner on Friday night and lots of giggles and tears and memories with the Arkansas cousins. Then on Saturday, we cooked up our contribution to the BBQ dinner and headed off to the gathering place. There, we found lots of "long time/no see" cousins and had more "remember whens" - Glen was a REAL trooper through all this! We ended up at Iris and Al's (one of the few cousins left who still have a piano) for some quick singing before Glen and I drove back to FW Saturday night. It was a LATE LATE night but we didn't want to miss church!
We also took our grandbaby Caleb for a day trip to see Glen's mom. WHAT FUN! We had him spend the night with us so we could leave early early in the morning - it's about a 3.5 hour drive. He was an angel. We had a great time with his great-granny - including feeding miniature horses and donkeys weeds by the fence and eating beans at a bar-b-cue restaurant. He was one tired little feller when we got him back just before bedtime!
Our church is FANTABULOUS! Every week seems better than the last. This past weekend, we drove up to Tulsa where we volunteered for the Commemorative Air Force show - what a BLAST! There was an air show, a silent auction, a great dinner and a dance with a swing "big band." Of course, we ducked out early to drive back so we wouldn't miss church!
My dear buddy (don't tell her - her head will swell) Linda was in town from Oklahoma City and she and another friend joined us for church and dinner. A famous S. African rabbi (now from the US) was with our pastor for a GREAT explanation of the Menorah and Channukah! WOW WOW WOW!
I've been re-doing the guest loo. Ripped up the floor and put down "peel and stick" tiles. Then I ripped off the old wallpaper, filled in the holes, primed the walls and now the fun starts. I bought some paint with sand in it - supposed to be the color of sand. WELL, the walls now look like the outside of an old Greek or Roman building - it's AWESOME! Still have another coat to do, then reattach all lights and mirrors, put up the decorations - WHEW AM I TIRED! (And we still have one more loo - the master - to re-do and floors in big big rooms!)
AND our little sweet feller Caleb has had an infection for a couple days so I've been "sugar sitting" (our pastor calls his grandbabies "sugars"). He is ADORABLE and so much FUN! Like a little parrot - repeats everything you say. The drive-thru at McDonald's is a hoot cause he gives the order too - ha! I've forgotten how much energy little ones have - he is too too sweet!
Glen's doing SUPERBLY - he's been pegged for a consultant (temporary) post and feels SO MUCH BETTER when he knows he's doing something productive. We're expecting his mama to come over the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving (the 21st I think) - we'll have Thanksgiving with the Fort Worth family. Then we're going to drive over and get his dad and take him with us up to Tulsa for the real Thanksgiving on the 28th. Time is fast FLYING!
And so are my fingers - time to give em a rest! Wish you were all here for a cuppa with me!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment