Monday, December 8, 2008

HOLIDAYS 2008

Merry Almost Christmas to you!

Everyone is asking what's going on with us - so I thought I'd try to catch up. Our lives are spinning at such a rapid clip that I'd be writing for days if I told you everything!

First of all, the guest loo is all finished. The walls look like something out of the Greco-Roman period - and the floor is awesome! When we get back from Greece, we're going to do the rest of the floors in tile and/or hardwood and then the house will be perfect! (Okay - not quite - still have OUR bathroom to redo!)

News on Glen's job situation - PRAISE THE LORD! His layoff notice was cancelled. He's working on a task to help design a new company opening in Abu Dhabi - and this task will keep him EMPLOYED till he goes on the Greek payroll the end of March! Is God good or WHAT!!!!

We went to a Christmas party Saturday night at the home of the new boss (on the Greek program) and I heard him tell someone "We wanted Glen on the payroll 1 February but he has so much work right now that we can't get him till 31 March!" This is a miracle!

But back to Thanksgiving! We had a "dress rehearsal" Thanksgiving meal for our Fort Worth family and Glen's mom on 22 November. I cooked for days and it was fabulous! We had a sit down for 22 adults and 4 kids. Glen's daughters and their families, his mom, our church family (Sergio, Yvonne and Eryn) plus another batch of Greek Air Force guys and 2 wives. It was a precious evening! Then we went to Tulsa on the real Thanksgiving and joined up with Daphne's family and Tobey (Chad was in Colorado) for a Barth/Lee/Bullington/Weldon holiday. My friend Monna and her daughter Karen joined us - it was such fun!

On Friday night, we went to Dry Gulch, USA for the opening night of the Christmas train! We got to shake hands and chat with Pastor Willie George - a big thrill for me cause his CDs and tapes kept me afloat while in Hong Kong AND Crete! It was freezing cold but we LOVED every minute of it. We hurried home on Saturday so we wouldn't miss church.

Speaking of church, we're now broadcasting on the ABC Family channel (you'll have to check the times on your schedule). Glen and I got to be in the onstage audience for the taping of the opening and closing of the first 4 broadcasts. What a blessing THAT was! We're both volunteering as servers for the "afterglow" meal on Sundays AND I'm joining the choir this week and Glen will become and official, badge wearing usher!

We're having all the kids for Christmas dinner - can't wait. Tobey and Chad are coming on Christmas Eve and Whitney and family will arrive Christmas day. Friday after, we're taking all the girls to IKEA (my FAVORITE) for shopping and meatballs (!) while the guys babysit the young guys and enjoy our frisbee golf course, the kite, the telescope and the big TV! I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm attending a Tuesday night "Enrichment" class which has me refired for writing. I am determined to get the editing complete on the first book and finish some more Picture Books. I'm working on one where the animals live and work and go to school and all the people are in .... the ZOO! Stay tuned.

Blessings to you and yours this Christmas season - remember the REASON! We're celebrating Channukah with our church - He is the Light of the world!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!