
Greetings!
On this date in 1977, my then 6 year old son Jeremy graduated to heaven. Each year when this day rolls around, I like to find something whoop-de-doo exciting to celebrate!
WELL, I mailed my contract in yesterday for the book and just received notification that I am now in the queue for the production phase! WHOOPEE!
AND, Glen just sent an e-mail that our reservations are made - so we can now start counting sleeps! (If you're not from South Africa, you might not know what this is - but it's a GRAND way to mark off days!) ELEVEN SLEEPS!
The movers come Monday and Tuesday (27-28). Wednesday I am going to Oklahoma City to meet with the publishers and get face-to-face acquainted with them. Thursday, I take the boys back to the vet for their final check-up and health certificate. Things are surely "heating up" - after all this time of waiting!
The publisher has told me that most of all my "work" with them will be done via e-mail. All cover designs, paper/printing, etc., will be approved by me before they proceed. Then after it is all approved, they will print one book - a mock-up - and mail it to me so I can see how it looks, smells, feels! THIS IS SO EXCITING! I want to wait until a few copies are sold before I pitch my other books to them - but I'm looking for a long, sweet association.
So, don't make travel arrangements just yet but do start planning! We will arrive in Athens mid-day on Monday (4th May), meet our company rep, pick up our rental car and head for Patras - 2.5 hours away. It's going to be a long trip for us and the boys - but we are SO ready to get on with things!
Glen is so excited about his new job and we praise God every day that he HAS one! Please don't stop praying for us - and we will make sure to keep praying for you! Our overseas phone numbers will be the same as in Abu Dhabi and we will have a military address. E-mail me for specifics - I'm not posting them on the blog!
In Him,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment