I've got NEWS!
First of all, if you didn't get the "word," I've been offered a contract to publish my "Harry Potter antidote" books! Much too long a story to write here - but I discovered Tate Publishing in Oklahoma, sent them a letter and a chapter of the first book. Last Thursday, I got 2 e-mails from them, offering me a contract! It's tricky cause this publisher requires $4,000 down from unknown authors (which is returned upon sale of 5,000). I've seen an example of another book published by them and was not crazy about the cover, so I've got a lawyer looking over the contract to see if I can make a better art deal.
A friend from church is an art teacher and has said she's interested in illustrating children's books! We're working towards a cover design, etc. Pray for us - I'd really like to see this happen for both of us. The second book - and more after - costs nothing up front. SO, this could be it - and the timing is great cause we're still HERE!
On that subject, I made an appointment for next Monday afternoon for the "walk thru" by the movers. After they give us a guestimate of how many million pounds we have (!!), we will schedule the packout. Obviously, we're not going to fly out this next week! In fact, the company is mentioning 3 May! WHATEVER - as long as I don't have to do all the packing and traveling alone, I'm okay!
I'm sure going to miss all our kids and grandbabies. We're going up to Tulsa this weekend to have an official face-to-face goodbye. We'll go to church with Whitney's family on Saturday night, Tobey's on Sunday and then head back after lunch.
Caleb's daddy has gotten his job back (praise the LORD) so Caleb is going back to daycare. I'm in withdrawal so they are bringing him to me 2 days this week. We'll see how next week goes, too. I'm sure gonna miss this little guy! We've really had some fun memory making times.
And Jacob is getting more and more relaxed around us - maybe he might even miss us, too!I've set up a SKYPE account - it's free and we can talk thru the internet. Also, our 817 886 8472 number will be set up in our house in Greece - as soon as the shipment arrives. Oh and as soon as we FIND a house!
Thanks to all of you for praying - do NOT stop now!
M
No comments:
Post a Comment