Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another year - another opportunity!

Howdy happy campers!

It's Wednesday, 18 November in my part of the world and I've been trying to write this blog for HOURS! The electricity keeps going on and off - not a good thing for computers! Dunno how far I'll get but I'm gonna give it a shot.

First of all - good news on the "demon bed" front. Our new 450 euro bedframe was standing outside the front door when we came home from town on Saturday evening. It was not supposed to be delivered til Monday so this was a shocker - and we still hadn't made arrangements to store the old frame and the extra mattress which was under the bed :( I made an executive decision to leave it til we came home from church on Sunday!

We had a grand time in church - Miki had the kiddos singing happy birthday to me in Greek and English! Then we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch with Pastor Rick, Lori and Zsolti. YUM! A long drive home always includes a stop for Fredos and then we were back in Patras. During the drive to and from Athens, I'd been "studying" on this bed situation. SO, we took the legs off the old frame, stood the mattress up on its side and went to work.

And now, it's all over and we have a FLAT BED! I'm sleeping like a log - halleluiah! (Unfortunately, Glen caught my cold so HE is sleeping in the Prophet's Chamber so as not to give it back to me - ain't sharing fun!)

Monday was my birthday (the 93rd according to Facebook). I spent the day baking lemon bars to give away and a lemon meringue pie for me. (By the way - did you know that after you beat up 3 eggs, it is impossible to separate the whites from the yolks!?) Here's my birthday pie with a photo of a couple of lurkers underneath the table!



I roasted a pumpkin and added the roasted cubes to some yummy chicken soup I'd made a few days before. So my birthday dinner was SUPER yum, healthy and nourishing. My son and his family phoned early in the morning and my sweet daughter phoned in the evening. It was a GREAT DAY!
Tuesday, Marsha and I got a holiday from school (some kind of Greek national day) and we headed out to shop. We spent quite a bit of time lurking in coffee shops and chatting with our DVD guys. We went to a Christmas shop that was INCREDIBLE! Then we went to Carrefour and got a new carpet for our living room.
It was such a fun day! I made beer bread and pasta with my special pesto sauce for dinner and ... we watched Julie & Julia! Is that Meryl Streep the most incredible actress in the world or WHAT!

And today - I hit the floor rearranging furniture. I'm now ready to put up the Christmas tree - it takes a few weeks to settle the branches, ya know. Will post pictures when I'm all decorated!

God is good - awesome things are around the corner for us - I just KNOW it! And what He does for us, He can surely do for you! BE BLESSED!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!