Here it is the 11th of February! Thought I'd post this lovely self-portrait! My Tori can take a photo of herself and others at arm's length - I have not mastered that as yet! But I figured, if I stood in front of the mirror in the biggest loo in our house - at night when the light is shining - grin in the mirror, I might have some luck - sure nuff! Also - this is a record of the fact that ... MY HAIR IS FINALLY GROWING!
We've had some GREAT few weeks. Got our water bill - it was for 286 euros - for 2 months. Since the first one we got was only 83, I decided to ask my Greek teacher if there's something odd about our bill. My great friend Marsha was with me that day and also had HER bill - it was only 47 euros. Then the fun began! Turns out we have a LEAK somewhere. So Xara (say HaRAH) - our landlord's sister from next door who handles his business for him - came and took the bills to try and sort out the problems with the water department. And Friday evening, the plumber came. Xara, the plumber and Glen were searching everywhere - finally found the right spot and then they turned off the water till "eleven tomorrow morning." Of course, the problem is with the solar panels on the ROOF - and Saturday morning, we were in a horrendous flood - so ... you guessed it - the whole weekend with no hot water!
Another thing we noticed is that even though we'd bought 300 euros worth of heating oil and had it installed (in the rain), the radiators won't work without .... WATER! So we had 8 days (total) of no heat and a whole weekend of no hot water. I had to walk in the hall loo (you DO know that this is another word - a better one I feel - for bathroom??) and get pitcher fulls of water from the SHOWER, use the teakettle to heat the water - oh it was great fun!
We got Ellie - Lockheed's #1 intercessor in Athens - on the case and Monday night, the plumber and Xara came (in the rain) and turned SOME of the water back on. We BOTH had showers - wow how good is that! And this morning, I figured out that the washing machine water is INDEED connected - so I'm now on my 7th load of laundry.
It's been raining here steady for about 6 days - some days with big wind, thunder and lightning - and COLD! We don't have snow here in Patras because we're too close to the sea - but there is a LOT of snow on the mountains!
This weekend is supposed to be the big Carnaval! We had planned to stay in town to go to the big parade Sunday morning. Looks like it might get rained out - I'll get back with ya about that.
Meanwhile, just know this - all things DO work together for good - no matter how long they take!
AND in case you haven't heard - the release date for the book is 13 April. It can be ordered on the link at the top of the page! WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment