Tuesday, March 2, 2010

COOKING LESSON 101 (Part 1)

Howdy boys and girls! Due to the rude comments ♪♫ of some of my Facebook friends ♥ - I'm going to give you some instructions in how I prepare some of the foods I mention!

Our first lesson is Piperias Yemista me Feta (only I use Anthotiro or Mizythra cheese - which you can't find in the US I'll bet).I use 6 of these long green peppers because they keep very well. They are NOT hot peppers - I believe we might even call them "banana peppers" in the US. I prefer the red ones (which are used to make pimientos) but Glen prefers the green. I usually eat 2 - and Glen does too if he doesn't have too much other stuff on his plate. Don't decapitate or de-seed. The seeds are YUMMY and the caps help you hold your food!

Line them up in a baking dish. Salt and pepper well. Drizzle with olive oil.

Put them in a HOT oven for about 20 minutes or til the skins start turning dark and crackling.


Wait til they are cool enough to touch, then slit with a very small knife - from cap to end. Stuff in some feta cheese (DO NOT TRY THIS WITH MOZZARELLA - you'll be sorry!). More salt, pepper and olive oil.
Return them to the oven (at a moderate temperature) for 15-20 minutes - just to heat through and soften the cheese. Remove from the oven and drizzle with lemon juice. EASY PEASY, yes?





























No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!