Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day #1 of Week #3

And you ask "what has changed?" ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Glen came home last night with the information that we COULD be here til the original end of contract (mid to late April)! We COULD have to go back to Texas where he would be allowed approximately 2 months of transition time into the Egypt program (this is standard procedure for any new assignment - the 2 months) before having to take all his vacation time (thank God we have a full load of vacation) to stay employed. The State Department is monitoring the situation in Egypt very closely and are giving Lockheed weekly updates. Meanwhile, the other families who were sent home have some very antsy family members eager to get back to work.

JUST this morning, I read these words in my devos: "Even if visible blessing was lacking and circumstances were abnormal, the LORD was Habakkuk's strength. And God was able to lead him to the heights of blessing. Today, too, the Lord wants us to look to Him and trust in His promises."

From the book of Habakkuk - chapter 3 and vs. 18-19, I read: "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds'feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places." The same verse in The Message says: "I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain."


Well, I don't think I'm quite there yet -- but I am walking every morning and going to the gym with Glen every other day. In the meantime --- DON'T STOP PRAYING!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!