Glen caught a ride with a friend this morning so I could have the car. I made a few attempts at further settling in, then started over to the apartment to meet the guys with the mini-van - their 2nd trip in as many days. I got to the apartment about 11 and they arrived soon after. They managed to get both beds and frames, the dresser and mirrors in the van - but that was IT! Still standing in the apartment were the chest of drawers, round table, desk chair, 2 china cabinets and wardrobe! We did some group thinking and then I had them put the chest of drawers into the back of our X-Trail. We will drive it to church on Sunday and deliver it. This is going to be fun!
I went to the supermarket to get some laundry supplies - coin operated laundries do not exist here, nor is there a place (at least not one that we know yet) to drop off laundry. Don't EVEN mention hotel service. When we lived in the luxury hotel in Oman, the laundry service IRONED our underwear dry - a tumble dryer was unheard of! (This could help explain the cardboardness of other countries towels!!!) So, I'm hand washing - I don't even want to think about jeans!
I got back to the hotel around 3 and ordered a veggie plate for lunch! Glen came in a few minutes later - and he started working in the room. Of course, his Greek day was finished - but the US was just going to work so he had lots of paperwork to do. We were invited to have dinner with our Greek kids Nikos and Chryssanthi and baby Ioanna but hadn't yet connected to know time.
I kept checking e-mail and Facebook - no message. No text and no call. We all four dropped this ball big time. Chryssanthi HAD sent a FB message which didn't show as unread. And we should have phoned. But Glen took a short nap and I kept reading e-mail. It got dark and we decided maybe there was a problem with the baby so we made plans to eat in our restaurant. This was supposed to be a goodbye dinner - and now we're not leaving, so ....
About 6:45 I got a message from Chryssanthi - "where are you?" We were supposed to have been there at SIX! And of course, her message also informed us that she was making a pork roast (UH OH) and meatballs (DOUBLE YUM). We arrived at their house just a bit before TWO HOURS LATE! But we had a glorious dinner (minus the pork) and got to officially "meet" our newest grandbaby. She's not had many visitors and NONE that spoke English to her - so the meeting was an ice breaker for sure!
Home again at nearly midnight. Still no word if our mini-van guys will return. Freezing rain tonight (okay not "freezing" but VERY cold). Good to be inside, warm and dry.
Don't stop praying!
No comments:
Post a Comment