Tuesday, October 25, 2011

GOOD GRIEF! Where has the time gone?

My friend Jill must be on vacation cause she's usually kicking my bootie about posting. I can't believe it's been a month since I got on here. Let me try to 'splain!

News from Egypt first - Glen is experiencing some INCREDIBLE favor - he's gotten official word that Egypt has agreed to keep 5 men on the team instead of 4 - and he's the 5th! He's now helping the other guy service 5 bases all over Egypt. Hard work but he is AMAZING at what he does. As far as we know, we are just waiting for the paperwork to work its way thru the maze of the government offices concerned! As I write this, we still have NO IDEA when I will be allowed to join him.


Having said that, I am proud to announce that I am DONE with the boxes in the garage! They have all been opened - I now have most things settled in the house - am still working on re-doing closets - but mostly it's done. There are about 25-30 boxes out in the garage that say "okay to pack" (including Christmas) and there will be clothing and some kitchen items to ship but that's it. I continue to send Glen boxes weekly - last time he asked for a JACKET! A light one, to be sure, but he says it's getting cooler.


I'm trying to volunteer in the church office 2 mornings a week - I don't really feel like I'm helping much but I'm doing what I can. One fun thing is getting to help out on the prayer lines - THAT is awesome!


We're also working on publicizing the book as I write on Book 2. My wonderful daughter Tobey is quite the marketing supervisor. We've ordered t-shirts that say ASK ME ABOUT THIS BOOK with a photo of the cover on the front. I've ordered a magnetic sign with the same information - for the car. She's doing a great job in Tulsa for me - sure is hard to break into Dallas though. I just want kids to READ this book - ya know? If they don't know it's out there, how can they beg their parents to buy it!


So, Jill - there you are! Now I'm caught up for a little while. Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!