WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? A whole month!
We're still "treading water" in our move to Greece. Glen is busily working on 2 projects and thank GOD he has a job when so many do not! The official word is still "mid-April" but we're just not sure of all the details! Things like: when is the packout; how much are we allowed to take with us; animals; and on and on. So we're doing a lot of "resting!"
This seems to be the month of reunions. Back in 1812, I attended a university in Corpus Christi, Texas called "University of Corpus Christi" - what a unique name! (OKAY I'm kidding about the 1812 but it was a looooooooooooooooong time ago) I only attended one year as a student, then worked a couple years, got married and remained on the campus till he graduated in 1969. Both our sons were born in Corpus so I had lots of roots. One of the biggest blessings of all was meeting my 2 "sisters" Jan and Trisha. We started singing together - acapella at first - and soon were quite the item. I played a little baritone ukulele and we sang EVERYWHERE! Our trio name evolved to "We Three."
So, one of the blessings of this reunion was getting together with the girls to sing - for the first time in 25+ years! We had such fun - the video above was done at the very end of the reunion at the BSU (Baptist Student Union) reunion. Jan is still in Corpus and Trisha and her husband live in San Marcos.
Next weekend (14th), is the reunion at ORU in Tulsa - where I attended and worked and taught. I'm told the Alumni Banquet is a sold out (700 tickets) event. We're taking Daphne, Whitney, Tobey AND Chad - all of us (except Glen) are ORU grads! I'll let you know how that comes out.
The end of the month is a housewarming "shower" for my friend Linda's daughter in Oklahoma City. There we'll meet up with church buddies that I've not seen in ages! WHO KNEW that February was such a month of reunions!
The days are flying by - soon it will be packing time and then we're out! Our precious friends Sergio and Yvonne are going to house-sit for us while we're away - what a BLESSING!
Must get on with the day's activities - OH I almost forgot! I've sent a chapter of one of my books to a new publisher in Oklahoma - pray that this might be THE ONE!
Love and blessings to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment