Monday, March 9, 2009

Stardate 9 March 2009, Daylight Savings Time

Good Evening Folks! (It's 11 p.m. as I write)

I'm using "Mediterranean blue" tonight because Glen just wrote that they are talking contracts. He's in Utah as I write this - on a week long business trip with the other 2 guys who will make up the Greece team.
We had dinner Saturday night with Marianthi and Lefteris - our sweet Greek friends. They will be neighbors in Patras and we had a great time with them, listening to Greek music, eating Greek food, practicing some VERY elementary Greek! We drove home chattering like little kids about how much we are looking forward to being back in the wonderful country of Greece.

We have been told that Patras is a city of about half a million and there are mountains! We'll be on the Ionian Sea side (think ITALY) instead of the Mediterranean - so my swimming time is going to be a bit later than in Crete - most likely JUNE! Okay - that doesn't mean I can't zip over to Chania and dip in my old swimming places for sure!
Meanwhile, I'm cleaning closets, sorting clothes and getting things ready to take to Goodwill. In between the cleaning, I'm getting to put in some good grandmother time with our Caleb. He comes to play 3 days a week so I'm digging out all my teaching skills - rusty though they are. In the picture, he's holding up our first go with scissors and glue stick!

We're still very active in our fabulous church - this we will miss more than I can explain! They broadcast on "stream" on the internet but we're just not sure how strong the connection will be in Greece. So we're soaking up all we can get.
The goodbye parties have started and we're finding every weekend booked up and we still don't even have a firm date for leaving! I've finally put the finishing touches on Book One of my "cat" books and am waiting to hear from a publisher in Oklahoma. Sure would be a wonderful send-off to get these on the road to being published!
Okay - time to get some sleep. When Glen's away, I tend to stay up too late and sleep in too long. Such a life!

Much love to all,
M




No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!