Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day #2, Week #2 Hotel Siege

Today started out MUCH better than yesterday. Those of you new to my "mews" should know that thanks to a little oil and marble floor combo in Abu Dhabi, I lost the kneecap on my right knee. I did have SOME supervised exercises but nothing like the physio that we have in the US. Consequently, I have been sidelined from such strenuous athletic activities as climbing up and down STAIRS :( I have had to go up and down like a toddler - painfully slow and quite humbling!

While on the trip to Israel in October, my good friend Robert witnessed my stair climbing and asked "que pasa?" After hearing my explanation, he basically told me "SO? So what if you didn't get proper physio - it's not too late. MAKE YOURSELF climb those stairs." Well, I've been working on it "sega sega" (Greek for slowly slowly) since. I find that I can get up stairs in an almost normal way - if they are not high pitched stairs. So the trips to the little mini-gym in the hotel, working on the reclining bike and treadmill have been good for body and soul!

Yesterday, I started out for a walk on the main road (which is the "old national road" and used a bit like a speedway now that access to the "new" national road is blocked). I made a left turn, facing traffic on the almost non-existent shoulder, and had a little episode with my knee. It just totally pitched me forward so that I nearly stumbled into traffic! NEARLY is not stumbled - but it was enough to halt my walk for sure.

This morning, I grabbed my cane - which is an excellent stabilizer - and started out. I walked THIRTY MINUTES! Yeah ME!

See what little things it takes to make a girl happy who is locked up in a hotel room with 2 cats!

DON'T STOP PRAYING!

No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!