Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hotel 7 Us 0 One week and holding!

Poseidon Palace Hotel, 25 or so minutes outside of Patras.

In an effort to "think positive" today, I went for a walk outside the grounds of the hotel when Glen left for work. It's a lovely location right on the sea with extra nice people and fabulous food! This pool is just gorgeous - but so is the sea - it's just too cold to even tempt me. There are lemon and orange trees on either side of the property and olive trees in the village are as common as palm trees in the desert!

It's just getting tedious now that we're here for an entire week - I'm too far from town to walk - taxi out of the question - and the bus ... well, I don't want anything badly enough to do that! What we're seeing on the telly is giving us the impression that the protestors are growing a bit weary and frustrated. The "promises" made by the current regime seem so empty - I mean, who would trust them - the track record has been just FULL of lies!

I'm watching BBC briefly - and the video footage of what will be our home is giving me a lump in my throat. We're just eager to GET there! Glen and I were talking last night - there were a total of 7 families removed by the company and State Department edicts. Now the question arises of how/when/where to get them back. We're still waiting - haven't heard anything official.

And so, I continue my routine ... boys out on the balcony. Tidy room. Quiet time. Hand laundry. Dishes. Catch up on e-mail. And then, it's about 9 a.m. (HA)! Glen comes home and we go to the gym. I'm up to 20 minutes on the bike and 10-15 on the treadmill. I'm loving this - haven't been in a gym for over 3 years!

Psalm 37:34 is my new platform: Wait passionately for God, don't leave the path. He'll give you your place in the sun while you watch the wicked lose it. (The Message)

Don't quit praying - we won't quit waiting!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi Martha just stubbled on your blog :-)!!! Hope you don't have to wait to long before you guys have to move. Why not wait in Abu Dhabi?

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!