Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trip to Seattle and Victoria, B.C. 16-23 July, 2011

My longtime Tulsa friend Monna has inherited her brother's condo in Seattle (her hometown). I got to go with her and visit a place I've NEVER been! The weather was amazingly cool - it seemed to be half the temperature in Texas. Her condo has a long skinny balcony, completely enclosed in glass. We were able to watch the clouds - the planes - the traffic - the sunrises and sunsets - it was AWESOME! This is Monna's friend (mine too, now) Joyce. We had lunch and strawberry shortcake at Nordstrom's - you know Nordstrom's is a Seattle original! NOTE the wrapped bracelet on her arm!

Monna and I tuck into the shortcake - they brought us THREE forks!

Did a little shopping and I found a "made in Italy" hat - made out of paper actually - on sale. JUST my color, eh?

Finally got a visit to Canada - Victoria, B.C. - my Canadian friends tell me this is England - NOT Canada - but I LOVED IT!

The gorgeous Butchart Gardens - flowers were SPECTACULAR!

And so were these lovelies - SO JEALOUS of those hats!


The famous Empress Hotel - we had high tea there on our last day.This says "Welcome to Victoria" in gorgeous red begonias!

Even the street lights were decorated with flowers!

At the Royal British Museum, we found John Lennon's Yellow Submarine Rolls!

High tea at the Empress! THANK YOU MONNA for one of the loveliest "girl" vacations of my life!




































































































































































No comments:

Here's why we're in Greece!

Here's why we're in Greece!
August 2009

The Real me!